News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek Sharpening Course - Nov 29 2019

Started by CarlKlefbom, September 23, 2019, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlKlefbom

Hello guys,

Here's some pre info to all of our Forum users.

We will arrange a Sharpening Course at our HQ in Sweden on November 29 2019. On the training day we will go through sharpening of a variety of tools, such as knives, axes, chisels, scissors, turning tools and more. You get the chance to learn the best tips and tricks from our experienced training staff. The course will be held in English.

When: 2019-11-29, 09:00-16:00
Where: Tormek Sharpening Studio, Lindesberg, Sweden
Cost: 55 EUR, including lunch and coffee

For more info and to book a place visit: https://sv-se.invajo.com/event/tormek/tormeksharpeningday

We will send out the information to all our registered users tomorrow at 18:00 (Swedish time), so you have one day to book your place before everyone else  :)

Hope to see you there!

Stay Sharp
Carl
Marketing Communications Manager, Tormek

Fernando

A question.
They plan to transmit the course online, in order to enjoy it? It would be useful for users who live in other countries and unfortunately we cannot take advantage of that opportunity.

Good day.

Ken S

Fernando has an excellent idea. Tormek now has an excellent teaching/studio facility on site. I remember when Tormek sponsored a full day woodturning class with Glenn Lucas. (see the Tormek Friends video with Glenn on tormek.com) I have most of Glenn's DVDs. He is an excellent instructor.
From the all day class, Tormek produced only a soundbite length you tube. I was very disappointed.
An all day class should provide enough material for several ten to twenty minute videos which would offer Tormek users useful information.

If having students in the room presents a constraint, film the videos the day before as a dress rehearsal. The videos could be made in studio directly in several languages. Tormek's staff are fluent in languages in addition to Swedish. Shooting even just in English, German, and French would vastly increase the audience. Make an editable version with a dark rectangle in the bottom for text. Have the national agents provide translations if they are interested in additional sales revenues from customers watching the videos.

Videos accessible from Tormek's website would be far more cost effective than staffing workshops throughout the world. They would also present Tormek's view instead of various third parties.

Are you reading this, Carl? (I hope so; I write this with positive intentions.)

Ken