News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Started by CobraPilot, August 05, 2019, 01:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraPilot

I just received the SVM-00 to use with my SVM-45.  When I mount a knife and select any sharpening angle (for example 25 degrees), there isn't enough clearance and the SVM-45 contacts the wheel.  I tried changing the handle length on the SVM-45 but there still is not enough clearance.  Did I miss something?

Gary@QSS

Quote from: CobraPilot on August 05, 2019, 01:07:56 AM
I just received the SVM-00 to use with my SVM-45.  When I mount a knife and select any sharpening angle (for example 25 degrees), there isn't enough clearance and the SVM-45 contacts the wheel.  I tried changing the handle length on the SVM-45 but there still is not enough clearance.  Did I miss something?

Here is a link to a video on how to use the SVM-00. Hopefully it helps you with your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6KqiwaCP4
Gary

wootz

You may need to thin away ends of the SVM-45, especially if it is the older version, they are not as slim as the last edition.