News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Attn. T4 owners:

Started by Ken S, April 06, 2019, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Attention T4 owners:

For many years, adding a magnet to the water trough was a common forum topic. Lots of Tormek users modified their water troughs to include a magnet, using various methods. I was one of the many who added a magnet to my water trough. I used black electrical tape, which never failed me.

In January of 2010, Tormek introduced the AWT-250, an advanced water trough for the T7. It could be substituted for the regular water trough of any 250mm Tormek. Gradually posts about using magnets died down. Since 2010, all new T7 and T8 Tormeks have had the AWT-250, which is larger, and includes both the built in magnet and the detachable long platform. This was great for the larger Tormeks, but did nothing for the T4.

The traditional homemade trough magnet remains an effective and low cost fix for the T4. I like the round flat magnets. I suggest holding the magnet to  the water trough with tape. A good grade of electrical tape will hold for years. Scotch tape and masking tape work well for "beta" testing for positioning. Be sure to make things permanent with electrical tape. (Electrical tape can be easily removed without damage.)

A small towel can be a workable stand in for the platform.

Don't forget a turkey baster to remove the majority of the water from the trough with minimal, if any, spillage.

I think the T4 is a terrific machine. Enjoy.

Ken