News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New TT-50

Started by Sharpco, January 28, 2019, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Quote from: SHARPCO on January 28, 2019, 02:18:39 PM
https://youtu.be/Oy65hrjpLa8

Good catch.  I'm guessing by the "zip ties" I've seen on the 2nd generation... this might have been a needed upgrade?  Scary that I'm still using the 1st generation... guess I got used to it... it did the job, and have yet to find a need to even upgrade  from it.  :o.

This new one does look pretty good though... seems simpiler than the previous one.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I remember when Ionut first introduced the zip ties. I had not personally experienced the problem, however, I have always held Ionut in high regard. I added two zip ties to my TT-50 for several years. The zip ties seemed an effctive way to avoid a chatter problem. (I removed them for an unremembered reason several years later with no problem.) For anyone experiencing chatter, the zip ties are a simple, low cost remedy which solves the problem.

I will post more when my new TT-50 arrives. From just watching the video, it seems like a clever and effective redesign. The new version follows Tormek's new design practice of using machined zinc, which may also contribute to stability. Another job well done, Tormek!

Ken