News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to make a honing stand for t4

Started by Edwe, January 26, 2019, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwe

Ken S

I purchased a VFB from Wootz (KnifeGrinders in Australia). I have not had a chance to use it yet, however, it looks well designed and manufactured. I regard Wootz highly. The other versions also seem impressive to me.

For the mere mortals among us, which includes me, I think controlled honing will consistently produce sharper results than freehand. A VFB seems a logical aid. I plan to incorporate mine into my standard knife sharpening technique.

Ken

Edwe

Quote from: Ken S on January 29, 2019, 12:47:32 AM
I purchased a VFB from Wootz (KnifeGrinders in Australia). I have not had a chance to use it yet, however, it looks well designed and manufactured. I regard Wootz highly. The other versions also seem impressive to me.

For the mere mortals among us, which includes me, I think controlled honing will consistently produce sharper results than freehand. A VFB seems a logical aid. I plan to incorporate mine into my standard knife sharpening technique.

Ken

+1 on that Ken
Lets see tomorrow what I can achieve

Edwe

Hopes pictures shows for all of you, its a bit hassling sharing Google photos.
Thanks all for your support in this projekt

Ken S

Edwe

Just did a quick test, both with a new sharpened and just honed a bit dull knife.
Made a big difference for me  ;D

cbwx34

Quote from: Edwe on February 03, 2019, 11:14:39 AM
Hopes pictures shows for all of you, its a bit hassling sharing Google photos.
Thanks all for your support in this projekt

I can't see 'em.  :-\
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Edwe

Darn, I did check both with Chrome and IE even not logged in to the forum  :(

Now? I did an adjustment

cbwx34

Quote from: Edwe on February 03, 2019, 03:43:47 PM
Darn, I did check both with Chrome and IE even not logged in to the forum  :(

Now?

I can see that one.

An alternative method (may be easier?) is to save the pic to your computer... then just attach it to the post (I attached your picture below).  (You can then copy the link and insert it back into the post if you want)...

The FVB looks great!  Thanks!
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

wootz

We program Windows software to set grinding/honing angle on home-made Frontal Vertical Base (Windows only) - details on our website
http://knifegrinders.com.au/11Shop.htm