News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

easy way to measure ACC anti corrosion compound

Started by Ken S, November 05, 2018, 11:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

ACC is measured in milliliters. The "Ezy Dose" measure shown here is an inexpensive, easy and accurate way to measure this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ezy-Dose-Calibrated-Medicine-Dropper/dp/B005TM2NN6

I originally bought mine to use in my photo darkroom. It also works very well with Tormek ACC or Honerite Gold. Mine says "Kroger Pharmacy". It should be readily available in the children's medicine department of any pharmacy.

Ken

BobD

I've been using something similar. It's an oral syringe that included the blue extension tube attached in the second photo. It fits right in the AAC-150 bottle down to the plunger so it won't accidentally fall in. Its easy to draw the specific mL while it rests on top like a medicine vial

Ken S

Good idea, Bob. I could be happy using either method.

Ken

Sharpco

Could anyone tell me how wide the mouth of the ACC-150?

RickKrung

Quote from: SHARPCO on March 03, 2019, 04:40:11 AM
Could anyone tell me how wide the mouth of the ACC-150?

0.73" / 18.5mm ID

Not entirely uniform all the way around and of course, flexible. 

0.825" / 21mm OD right at the lip.

0.925" / 23.5mm over the threads. 
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Sharpco

Quote from: RickKrung on March 03, 2019, 05:30:31 PM
0.73" / 18.5mm ID

Not entirely uniform all the way around and of course, flexible. 

0.825" / 21mm OD right at the lip.

0.925" / 23.5mm over the threads.

Thank you so much Rick :)