News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New AngleMaster

Started by Sharpco, October 16, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpco

It can measure seven degrees and is compatible with MB-100.

cbwx34

Quote from: SHARPCO on October 16, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

... and should have been included with the MB-100.  ::)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

RickKrung

Quote from: cbwx34 on October 16, 2018, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: SHARPCO on October 16, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

... and should have been included with the MB-100.  ::)

I agree, but worse, it should have been included with the three diamond wheel set that also came with the MB-100.  I haven't felt much need for grinding on the side, so haven't messed with the MB-100 yet, but still, for nearly $1000 they should include an key device that was updated specifically for that use. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

RickKrung

I emailed Wolfgang at Advanced Machinery about it, after not finding it on anyone's web site as an available accessory.  Wolfgang inquired with Affinity Tools and was told they had not seen any photos regarding it.  Didn't say they didn't know about it, but Wolfgang seems to not know about it at all. 

SHARPCO, where did you find that photo of it?  Wolfgang would like a link to it. 

Thanks,

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

cbwx34

It's described in the updated handbook...

https://www.tormek.com/media/1911678/hb-10-en-v104-wm-200.pdf

Edit to add:  Sharpco took a screenshot from this video..

https://youtu.be/ubYyrxrNVHc?t=113

;)

cbwx34

Quote from: RickKrung on October 16, 2018, 05:17:12 PM
I agree, but worse, it should have been included with the three diamond wheel set that also came with the MB-100.  I haven't felt much need for grinding on the side, so haven't messed with the MB-100 yet, but still, for nearly $1000 they should include an key device that was updated specifically for that use. 

Rick

They could have even made a "simplified" one... since there's no need to adjust for wheel size. ;)

Ken S

Interesting thought, CB. I suspect the new version will be the only version, covering diamond and Original wheels. Related to that, I would not be surprised if production has already ceased with the older version.

Ken

Ken S

Quote from: RickKrung on October 16, 2018, 10:23:22 PM
I emailed Wolfgang at Advanced Machinery about it, after not finding it on anyone's web site as an available accessory.  Wolfgang inquired with Affinity Tools and was told they had not seen any photos regarding it.  Didn't say they didn't know about it, but Wolfgang seems to not know about it at all. 

SHARPCO, where did you find that photo of it?  Wolfgang would like a link to it. 

Thanks,

Rick

Tormek has the same constraint with its dealers that most companies have. In the old days, Sharptoolsusa handled primarily Tormek. Today's dealers sell tools to contractors and hobbiest, and often hardware and paint. Even Advanced Machinery, a large Tormek dealer, and also the best source for parts, carries several other product lines.

Ken

marie

Quote from: Ken S on October 16, 2018, 11:51:55 PM
Interesting thought, CB. I suspect the new version will be the only version, covering diamond and Original wheels. Related to that, I would not be surprised if production has already ceased with the older version.

Ken

Ken, you are correct. There will only be one version of the WM-200. However, the previous version of the AngleMaster is also compatible with MB-100, just like cbwx34 informed in his post. The instruction is also included with the MB-100, so the user will always be able to get started, regardless of which version they have of the AngleMaster. Small updates are sometimes necessary for some products, but that does not automatically mean that the previous version is no longer useful. So for all of you who have the previous version of WM-200 and want to use it together with MB-100 - go for it :)

Kind regards,
Marie - Marketing Communcations Manager

Ken S

Marie, I think most of us have not heard of the older version of the Anglemaster, the WM-100. The present WM-200 was a substantial and much improved redesign, certainly enough to warrant a new designation.

I predict we will see many many home modifications to the present Anglemaster done by occasional Multi Base users with fine point black markers.  :)

Ken

Sharpco

wderke

It is now in stock at Advanced Machinery.

Wolfgang

RickKrung

Quote from: wderke on October 25, 2018, 04:31:29 PM
It is now in stock at Advanced Machinery.

Wolfgang

Here 'tis... 

https://www.advmachinery.com/collections/tormek-accessories/products/tormek-improved-wm-200-angle-master

Placed my order moments after receiving this from Wolfgang.  Tracy at Advanced is now aware of the difference.  She is VERY helpful if you ever need to contact them about ordering. 

Rick

Ken S

Rick,

I notice that the attached video is for the older version of the WM-200. Unfortunately, this is typical for Tormek. The products are first-rate. The product support lags behind. With the diamond wheel package, including the three wheels, Multi Base and redesigned WM-200, I believe it was announced prematurely. These difficulties will eventually go away. The products work very well. Once production catches up, it should be smooth sailing.

The real problem, in my opinion, is the lack of product support for the newer products. The handbook is an excellent guide for pre 2010 Tormek products. Torgny Jansson did a commendable job writing it. Jeff Farris did an outstanding job with the turning tools DVD. More recently, the Alan Holtham videos are quite good. However, neither the handbook nor the company videos give more than a fleeting glance reference to any grinding wheels xcept the SG. In order to use the new WM-200 intelligently, one has to first understand the Multi Base and the diamond grinding wheels.

Glenn Lucas accurately states in his sharpening DVD that Tormek really understands sharpening. I agree; I think Tormek is the only company which really understands slow speed wet grinding. Unfortunately, that information is not being efficiently shared with the Tormek users.

Ken