News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Help me to choose a chainsaw, please!

Started by Solange, September 06, 2018, 03:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solange

I need to buy a chainsaw for my husband. I was confused about finding information on the Internet, but there it is not enough. I found an article about  husqvarna https://mentoolbox.com/husqvarna-chainsaw-comparison-review/ . Help me choose the model. Thank you.

Elden

Solange,
   As a quick snap answer, consider what your service shops are in your area. At sometime, the saw you purchase will need to be serviced (repaired). Having a competent dealer/repair shop close at hand is something I consider very important. In our area it happens to be Stihl. There are several good manufacturers of saws. But, I would not choose  them because of the lack of service for them locally. In your area, it may be a different manufacturer.
   How the saw will be used needs to be considered. Will it be used only for trimming around the yard or are you clearing a 50 acre that is overgrown?

Elden

Ken S

Solange,

Elden has given you an excellent reply. Chainsaws need a lot of regular maintenance. Your best bet is to find a local dealer who provides outstanding service and purchase it from him. Future service is more important than price.

Ken