News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpened / Photoshopped / Different Knife?

Started by cbwx34, August 08, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was this knife sharpened, photoshopped, or different knife?

Sharpened
4 (66.7%)
Photoshopped
1 (16.7%)
Different Knife
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 07, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

cbwx34

This picture was posted on FB as having been sharpened (on a Tormek obviously).  The comments that followed said the knife was photoshopped or substituted, and not really sharpened.

What say you all?

(Bonus if someone has the ability to overlay the knives (or any method)...to prove/disprove the comments posted).

:)

Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Grizz

cb, in my opinion, the knife on the right (the after shot) is wider than the (before) shot.
it may be possible that the after shot was actually the before shot, then the knife was mistreated on a nail and left in the rain about a month.

Ken S

I voted Tormek, by an experienced sharpener. A video would be more convincing.

Ken

marie

Hi everyone,

This is my grandfather's old knife which I inherited when he passed away. I sharpened this together with my colleague and I can guarantee you that it is not photoshopped. The images were aligned since they were shot on different distances and different angles, this is probably what's fooling the eye.

Kind regards,
Marie, Marketing Manager at Tormek

Ken S

Nicely done, Marie.

With all of the technical talk about sharpening, we sometimes forget that the Tormek can be a marvelous tool for restoring treasured possessions from people we love. That is a warm and deep feeling; you have honored the memory of your grandfather.

Ken

cbwx34

I wonder if this will affect the voting results....  ::)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)