News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Grinding of tool steel

Started by Antz, June 27, 2019, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antz

I came across the very interesting article. It's packed full of information on grinding tool steels. Just thought I'd post a link if anyone is interested.
http://www.bohler-uddeholm.co.za/media/GRINDING-ENGLISH_000904.pdf

Antz
"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:57‬ ‭

Ken S

Antz,

Thank you for posting this. I printed it and put it in ebooks on my ipad. Reading through it, I realized how much I do not yet know about grinding. Effectively using it will also include knowing what parts do not apply to the Tormek. It inspires me to learn more. I hope we will all share what we learn.

For a long time, I have enjoyed a friendly and productive relationship with Tormek support. In anticipation of related questions to support, I forwarded this topic to support.I hope being "forewarned" will assist support in answering our questions.

Ken

John_B

Antz,

Thank you for posting this document.

Since joining this group I have found myself refreshing my Mechanical Engineering knowledge and skills. I have found it most enjoyable. During my professional career I drifted off the path at some point to management and then to IT. While I got broad exposure to a number of areas I do miss the mechanical subjects. I think Wootz's site began my awakening.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Ken S

Nice post, John. I think Wootz is awakening many of us.
Ken

RichColvin

Quote from: john.jcb on June 28, 2019, 04:29:55 PM
Antz,

Thank you for posting this document.

Since joining this group I have found myself refreshing my Mechanical Engineering knowledge and skills. I have found it most enjoyable. During my professional career I drifted off the path at some point to management and then to IT. While I got broad exposure to a number of areas I do miss the mechanical subjects. I think Wootz's site began my awakening.

Yeah, IT kills all the fun in life (I'm an IT manager).
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.