News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

hunting knife videos

Started by Ken S, June 21, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just received some information from Tormek Marketing. Apparently, we have misunderstood the purpose of the hunting knife videos. They are targeted for hunters in Sweden who may not have heard about the Tormek. The series will be monthly, beginning in July, and will be in Swedish. Tormek does not own the youtube channel.

The series was also filmed in English. Tormek may show these at some later date on its own channel.

While the youtubes may hold some general interest for us, we are not the target market. I plan to watch the English version, as my knife knowledge is almost exclusively related to kitchen knives.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on June 21, 2018, 11:03:16 PM
I just received some information from Tormek Marketing. Apparently, we have misunderstood the purpose of the hunting knife videos. They are targeted for hunters in Sweden who may not have heard about the Tormek. The series will be monthly, beginning in July, and will be in Swedish. Tormek does not own the youtube channel.

The series was also filmed in English. Tormek may show these at some later date on its own channel.

While the youtubes may hold some general interest for us, we are not the target market. I plan to watch the English version, as my knife knowledge is almost exclusively related to kitchen knives.

Ken

Too bad... sounded like it had potential.   :(
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I agree. Except for my pocket knives, the only knives I have sharpened are my kitchen knives. I would like to learn more about outdoor knives and sharpening them.

Ken

RichColvin

I heard about this slow-speed grinder from Sweden that will sharpen almost anything.  Can't remember the name, but I think some guy named Stig used to be selling them.

:)

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

Cheer up; all is not lost.

We do have access to an excellent video. This is a PBS (Public Broadcasting System, the public television in the US) Nova series program, "Secrets of the Viking Sword". Here is a link to it which should work anywhere:

https://www.pbs.org/video/nova-secrets-viking-sword/

It is a fascinating story. As Australian Crocodile Dundee might say, "That's a knife!"

Enjoy.

Ken

Fernando

Quote from: Ken S on June 22, 2018, 01:33:46 PM
Cheer up; all is not lost.

We do have access to an excellent video. This is a PBS (Public Broadcasting System, the public television in the US) Nova series program, "Secrets of the Viking Sword". Here is a link to it which should work anywhere:

https://www.pbs.org/video/nova-secrets-viking-sword/

It is a fascinating story. As Australian Crocodile Dundee might say, "That's a knife!"

Enjoy.

Ken

We're sorry, but this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions.  :'(

Ken S

Lo siento mucho, Fernando. I did not realize there were international restrictions.

Ken

Fedor

For Firefox, there is an add-on Hoxx VPN Proxy.
Hoxx VPN Proxy service to unblock blocked websites, hide your location and encrypt your connection. Completely free.
https://hoxx.com/
Select your location USA and watch the movie

SharpenADullWitt

Misunderstood, or explained badly, to a not target or language speaking audience?
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

WolfY

Giving an advice is easy.
Accepting an advice is good.
Knowing which advice is worth adopting and which not, is a virtue.

Fernando

Quote from: Fedor on June 22, 2018, 10:11:56 PM
For Firefox, there is an add-on Hoxx VPN Proxy.
Hoxx VPN Proxy service to unblock blocked websites, hide your location and encrypt your connection. Completely free.
https://hoxx.com/
Select your location USA and watch the movie

Thank you very much for the information, looking also I see that it is available for Google chrome  :)