News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Defective Tormek T2?

Started by brainstorm, March 20, 2019, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brainstorm

Hi everybody,
I've been lurking and reading this forum for a while, but now I need your help.
I've been buying a new Tormek T2 to sharpen my kitchen knives and I received it yesterday.
I've been following all instructions and tutorials to assemble it, but my wheel is out of axe and it hits the jig on one side.
It also oscillates and hits the knife with only a part of it.
Is that normal?
What should I do?
Let me know, please.
Thank you very much!

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Brainstorm.

The first thing you should do is to email Tormek support (support@tormek.se). Problems with new Tormeks are rare. I have found over the years that support handles these cases very well. If the problem is a use problem, support can coach you. If not, support will email you a prepaid shipping label. Service is prompt.

For the record, I only recommend Tormek support based on positive prior forum experiences. Support gets no free pass just for being Tormek. Please post your thoughts on your experience with support. The forum needs to know, whether it is stellar, adequate, or less than adequate.

Ken

brainstorm

Thank you very much, Ken.
I appreciate your suggestions.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.
I've been writing to Tormek's support and I'll be waiting for an answer.

I also removed EzyLock nut and let the wheel turn on its axe, but it still had an eccentric movement.

I'll let you know what happens with support team.
Thanks again!

Ken S

No need to apologize for English not being your first language. Thoughts are important, language is only a tool to communicate those ideas.

Incidentally, support staff may include staff fluent in more than several languages. Ask, the staffer may be fluent in your primary language. No guarantees, however, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ken