News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

new diamond wheels D.F. 250

Started by bobl, May 25, 2018, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Sigs,

You ask a very good question, and one which should generate a number of replies.As you state, it is
"a different question". Would you please repost your question again as a new topic? Both this topic and your question deserve full recognition as separate topics.

Ken (the forum moderator)

cbwx34

Quote from: Sigs on January 24, 2019, 07:54:12 AM
OK - I have a different question - if you are building your business which comes first - the SJ-250, or the diamond wheels?

Unless you have a special reason for one... I'd say... none of the above.  Standard wheel will do 99.9% of the work.

I'd get a good belt sander first. ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

If you are serious about starting a sharpening business, I would check out Steve Bottorff's website, sharpeningmadeeasy.com, first. Steve ran a successful sharpening business for many years. He also taught an excellent one on one class. Before he retired, he produced an outstanding DVD, "Sharpening School", which is available from his website. I consider it essential training for knife sharpeners and a valuable guide in starting a business. The Tormek is Steve's workhorse; a belt grinder is also an important tool for him.

Ken