News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How to pack a knife after sharpening

Started by Plekter, October 09, 2018, 02:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plekter

Tormek T-8...(and some whetstones)

RickKrung

Quote from: RickKrung on October 09, 2018, 05:13:12 PM
Quote from: RickKrung on October 09, 2018, 06:14:40 AM
Quote from: wanderingwhittler on October 09, 2018, 05:59:52 AM
Looks like USA Knife Maker also sells sleeves and plastic tip covers.

I like their variety pack price better, for 18" they can be cut down.  I rarely see a knife over 12".  Most are 6-8".  If their quantity is actually 50 of each size in the variety pack.  I've emailed them to find out. 

Rick

Confirmed: 50 of each size.

I am going to order some, more for personal (my own personal protection, although most of the cuts I get are during sharpening) and local, custom use.  I also have a couple longer knives that live in the utensils drawer that could use some protection.  I am making about $0.20/hr sharpening at farmers markets  :-\ and it doesn't make sense to me to be giving away those sleeves at that rate. 

Rick

On 10/9/2018 7:24 AM, Info wrote:
>
> You would get 50 quantity of each size.
>
> beth
> Midwest Knifemakers Supply, LLC
> 2650 9th Ave
> Mankato, MN 56001
> www.usaknifemaker.com

Order received. 

Nice assortment of four sizes, 50 each.  Nice heavy card stock.  Easy to cut down.  Delivering five knives tomorrow from the last farmers market and they will be sleeved!  Put two on my own knives that live in the drawer rather than the block. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

cbwx34

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, by next years farmers market, "Rick's Razor Edge" will be setting up shop...  ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

RickKrung

Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

Fernando

Order received. 

Nice assortment of four sizes, 50 each.  Nice heavy card stock.  Easy to cut down.  Delivering five knives tomorrow from the last farmers market and they will be sleeved!  Put two on my own knives that live in the drawer rather than the block. 

Rick

It is a good idea to make some paper covers with our brands and contact information, so customers can have the data at hand, instead of giving a business card that they often lose.
I imagine the situation "honey, knives are dull, you know where they can send to sharpen?, - love just look at the case there are the data."

John_B

Thank you for posting the paper folding video and links to the sleeves.

I like the idea of having contact information on the sleeves
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

Sigs

I purchased a "return address stamp" that I use to add my contact information on the cardboard sleeves I purchased. I like the look and variety of this variety pack much better (including the caution) so when my supply runs low (hopefully sooner than later) I will order these. Thanks for the links.

RichColvin

Quote from: Sigs on January 24, 2019, 07:34:35 AM
I purchased a "return address stamp" that I use to add my contact information on the cardboard sleeves I purchased. I like the look and variety of this variety pack much better (including the caution) so when my supply runs low (hopefully sooner than later) I will order these. Thanks for the links.

Sounds cool; please share some pictures.
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Sharpco