News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

HUNTERS! GOT ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT KNIFE SHARPENING?

Started by cbwx34, March 28, 2018, 06:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Found this on Tormek's Facebook page this a.m. (also on their Instagram)...

HUNTERS! GOT ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT KNIFE SHARPENING?

Quote from: TormekWe're about to produce a knife sharpening school together with our friends at Jaktkunskap (Hunting Knowledge) where we'll talk about knife and axe sharpening for hunting and outdoor. Hit us with your questions and we'll answer as many as possible in the show. The show will be produced in both English and Swedish and released this spring.

Along with some photos...

(Might head over to their Facebook or Instagram if you have questions).

Good idea!  (From the photos anyway... looks like they might show sharpening knives with a variety of shapes/sizes).  ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

Thanks for posting this. I look forward to watching the video. I am not very fluent with social media and would have missed this.

I encourage everyone to submit questions.

Ken

Ken S

I just heard from Stig that the deadline for questions is this coming Monday. I am opening a new topic for questions.
Ken

wootz

Quote from: Ken S on March 29, 2018, 12:11:24 AM
CB,

Thanks for posting this. I look forward to watching the video. I am not very fluent with social media and would have missed this.

I encourage everyone to submit questions.

Ken

The same here, I don't even have a Facebook account.
If you didn't push me to make a video, I wouldn't have the YouTube either.

Will ask the questions in your new thread, Ken.

Ken S

Thanks, Wootz.

I actually have a very inactive facebook account, and have no desire to use it more. I have nothing against facebook; I just spend most of my computer time with this forum. I do not want to increase my computer time, thereby lessening my time for other responsibilities.

I understand that I am out of step with today's facebook culture. I also understand that Tormek must be in step to survive. I have no problem with Tormek's business reality. Looking at the forum stats, I do not believe that facebook and instagram are the only realities. We consistently have many more guests than logged on members online. We are not just a place for people to ask one question and disappear. I look at the online member stats. Many logged on members have been members for several years, even if they have not posted.

Last week I noticed a logged on member who joined in 2006. In researching early topice, I have found members who were active for many years. I don't know why they are not still active. My guess is that age, health, and death have claimed many of them. We are not a here today, gone tomorrow group.

Marketing buzz seems very narrow to me. Customers are presumed to have micro attention spans and no need for increased knowledge. I am out of step with this nonsense. I may be in a small minority of thinking persons striving for excellence. If so, so be it. I make no apologies.

Ken

RickKrung

Quote from: Ken S on March 30, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
Thanks, Wootz.

I actually have a very inactive facebook account, and have no desire to use it more. I have nothing against facebook; ...snip...

I understand that I am out of step with today's facebook culture. I also understand that Tormek must be in step to survive. ...snip...

Ken

If all you have is, and even if you use a Facebook account, you are already a dinosaur. 

Instagram, and the other social media (I don't even know what they are) have taken over and that is where things are happening.  I have never been on any social media other than Facebook, and do not intend to ever.  But, as Ken allows, it is a modern business necessity. 

I have a friend who manufactures specialty tools for bicycle mechanic.  He is on those social media all the time, and considers it vital.  (He is the friend who has done the welding on my Pin Pivot Clamp Collars, among many other helpful projects.)
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

cbwx34

Most of what Tormek does on Facebook, they also do on Instagram... so if you're interested in following them... Instagram might be the easier route to take. 👍
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)