News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T2 video

Started by Ken S, January 20, 2018, 12:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Maxtheknife sent me an email with a link to a new Tormek video covering the T2. It is short, however, I think it covers the T2 well. It uses text instead of voice. I think the text works well, and can be easily replaced with other languages. Clever marketing and well done.

Go to the US site of tormek.com. Click on machines; then click on T2.

Ken

cbwx34

I saw that... it's on YouTube also...

https://youtu.be/6d8vzBRaz5k

... (gotta admit, didn't really care for it, but it is just an ad.  At least, no talking, I could mute that music...) :o
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

This is getting rediculous, CB....I agree with you again. :)  I would prefer a longer, more in depth video. I'm not the target market. There is a common belief that viewers only want very short videos, the presumed short sttention span. I believe the second reason is marketing the T2 as a very quick and easy solution for restaurants. It is that. Some of us just want to know more.

We seem to have a perceived societal need for omnipresent easy to digest music. I sharpen in peaceful silence by choice. I am not the target market.

I do believe the English text is an improvement over spoken Swedish for us non Swedish speakers. I would think switching the text into different languages would be very efficient.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on January 20, 2018, 04:11:36 PM
This is getting rediculous, CB....I agree with you again. :) 

This was an easy one (there can't be a lot of people who like that music haha):D

I'll try and be more contentious on my next post.  ::)  8)

cbwx34

There's a couple of new T-2 videos on YT....

https://youtu.be/2dGABqJpoO0   (an instruction video)

and

https://youtu.be/IP_yVYo04rc    (a demo at a restaurant show)

SharpenADullWitt

Thank you.  Now for the outdoor hunting video.....
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

cbwx34

Ken S

CB,

Thanks for posting this video. It certainly shows what a T2 can do.

It also raises some questions. The last videos I watched were by Wootz. He used much slower passes than the T2 presenter. I am not saying that one way is better than the other. I feel more comfortable with slower passes, but that may just be me.

I noticed that the T2 presenter was not using the protective paper which Tormek provides. This video was commissioned by Affinity Tool, the US importer for Tormek. In my book, that makes Affinity the closest thing to the factory on my side of the Atlantic. Is using the protection paper now considered unnecessary, or is not using it considered not best technique?

I hope both Tormek and Affinity Tool will make more videos like this. I recommend it, and will watch it again.

Ken