News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Wootz uploaded his videos on YouTube

Started by Sharpco, January 23, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Two very well done videos! (Except for the Lucy ad. :(  )

Wootz has devised a very well organized method of high quality knife sharpening. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

RickKrung

I would like to set up my 6" bench grinders for controlled angle grinding.  I have the Tormek mount (XB-100) and have made the support extension.  Is that applet available for purchase?  It appears to support grinding as well as paper wheel use.  It clearly has been designed with a particular height of the support base (XB-100).  If the applet is available, how would one go about setting up that base at the proper height?  Are your supports set at a distance from the center of the wheel and distance horizontally from the center of the wheel?

Edit: I looked closer at the applet.  I see vertical and horizontal constants for each wheel, so I think that is the answer to my question. 

Rick
Quality is like buying oats.  If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes at a lower price.

wootz

Overseas posting cost for these paper wheel supports may make them prohibitive, but you can make one yourself similar to what you see on our website.
The applet can be tuned to work with home-made paper wheel supports, as explained in its manual
http://knifegrinders.com.au/Manuals/PW_Support_Manual.pdf

We've experimented a lot, and found out that the best distance between the grinder shaft centerline and the support bar centerline is 9 cm for the 6" grinder with 8" paper wheel, and 12.5 cm for an 8" grinder with 10" paper wheel.

A few our customers have gone this way.
Should you not be able to edit the applet for your particular setup, email us your measurements, and we will personalise it for your support  for free.

It runs on all Windows PCs;
Mac OSX 10.10, 10.11, and 10.12;
and tested on Android versions 4.x, 6.x, 7.x - should be running on the latest Androids fine as well, just we haven't had a chance to test.