News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Join us on Instagram!

Started by marie, December 01, 2017, 08:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marie

Good morning from Sweden!

First of all, I hope everyone is well! From what I read, you all seem to be staying really sharp! Great to see! :)
For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Marie and I am working with Marketing Communications at Tormek.

Today, I just want to check in and encourage you all to follow us on Instagram, which is a social networking app made for sharing photos and videos.
If you are using the app, you can follow us directly at tormek_sharpening and get our features in your feed.
You can also see our feed in your browser by following this link: https://www.instagram.com/tormek_sharpening

We use Instagram to keep everyone updated on Tormek news and other tips and tricks. We hope to see you there!
Wishing you all a great day!

Kind regards,
Marie

cbwx34

May I respond in kind...

It would be nice to see a bit more presence from the company, here in the forum.   ;)

Also, Instagram now allows the following of hashtags... so following #tormek is a nice way of seeing what others are doing.  :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Hello, Marie. Visit posts from you are always welcome. I understand that social media like instagram provide a valuable service in exposing many people to many images very quickly. That's fine with me.

What I find missing is "phase two" to provide those who like the photos and very short videos with more in depth information. I am hoping Tormek will use its very nice new teaching facility to produce more how to videos. For example, during Glenn Lucas' recent full day visit, I liked the very short video. However, it was like an appetizer; it left me hungry for the main course.

Tormek has the premier product; the in house expertise and experience; a fine video facility; and a very dedicated audience wanting to learn more.     

We just need more videos............

as always, best regards,

Ken

Sharpco

Hello. Marie.

Yes. I Followed.

marie

Good afternoon from a crispy Sweden,

cbwx34, thank you for adding that it is now possible to follow hashtags. A very useful function if you ask me. As you are saying, a very nice way of seeing what others are doing :) Regarding our presence at the forum. We do our best to stay updated on conversations etc, and I know Stig is doing his very best when it comes to adding valuable information and support to forum members. The forum is also filled with very skilled and sharp people and sometimes we feel it is not necessary for us to comment on something that has already been successfully discussed. But I will have your feedback in mind, thank you :)

Ken, I hear you on this and we welcome inputs on what types of videos we could do more in depth. As mentioned before, feedback from forum members and Tormek users is always welcomed. Regarding Glenn Lucas's visit, we couldn't film more in depth due to certain circumstances, but Glenn has several nice DVDs if you'd like to look more into his work. You can read more hear: http://glennlucaswoodturning.com/product-category/woodturning-supplies/

sharpco, nice to hear! Remember to use #tormek if you ever post anything Tormek related.

As always, your inputs and feedback is appreciated. I always enjoy our conversations.

Kind regards,
Marie