News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Knife Talk (Podcast)

Started by cbwx34, August 14, 2017, 05:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbwx34

Anyone listen to the podcast... Knife Talk?  A guy who chats with different knifemakers for ½ hour or so.

(Oh yeah... it's sponsored by Tormek).  ;)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

CB,

Is this your reference?

https://player.fm/series/knife-talk

Thanks for posting. I was unaware of this podcast and have placed it on my favorites list to watch.

Ken

cbwx34

cbwx34

Thought I'd pop this back up... a reminder to check it out if you haven't.  Bob Kramer is the most recent interview.  (I thought he had an interesting path to making knives).  :)

chopknives

Hey guys - just thought I would introduce myself as I am the host of Knife Talk (www.knifetalk.net).

I would love to hear your feedback about the podcast - I try really hard to make a good show.

Cheers!

Craig

- - - - - -

www.chopknives.com - Beautiful handmade kitchen knives for chefs with taste.
www.knifetalk.net - A podcast for knife nerds

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Craig. I enjoyed looking at the knives you have made on your website. As much as I like my now almost thirty year old Henckels, your knives have a knife spirit missing in mass produced products. I like O1 carbon steel and wood handles.

I am usually awake by four am. I need this quiet time before my wife and grandchildren are awake. I have saved your podcast page in my favorites tab and look forward to enjoying them with a thermos cup of coffee during my predawn time. It will be a pleasant way to start the day.

Keep up the good work.

Ken

ps Your knives remind me of Welsh stick chairs.....quietly very functional.

cbwx34

Congrats chopknives.... good podcast.

(Get 'em to talk more about sharpening).   ;)

cbwx34

New podcast available... (he actually brought up sharpening!)  ;)

Thanks!!

ega

Ken S:

Your reference to Welsh stick chairs caught my eye. I am more familiar with the classic Windsor and was pleased to find some interesting comments about the late John Brown's book on the subject on the UK amazon website - yours for a mere £442!

I recently undertook a complete re-build of the beyond-redemption undercarriage of a bowback Windsor and was left with great respect for the artisans who made these (and rather less for the repairer who had preceded me and made subsequent sympathetic repairs all but impossible).

cbwx34

Another new Podcast... probably the best of the year (hehe) ;)... Trollsky

(Also, if you're into knife making at all... check out Trollsky's YouTube channel).