News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New owner of used 2000, couple of questions

Started by Kavik, August 05, 2017, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kavik

Nice, I'll see if I have any of those of the right thickness, thanks!

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on August 14, 2017, 12:31:28 PM
Several years ago, Ionut, a very experienced forum member, posted about the gap. His solution was to place an electrical cable tie through the hole in the TT-50. He posted a lengthy explanation.

I had not experienced this difficulty, however, as I regard Ionut highly, I placed a cable tie on my TT-50. It eliminated the gap. I had the tie on for several years before removing it. For me, the TT-50 seems to work with or without the tie. If I ever encounter the difficulty, my first line of defense will be to place a tie.

Ken

Here's the ionut post I believe...

https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1077.0

(I usually track down referenced posts to learn more... figure might as well post 'em if I find 'em). :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Kavik

Appreciated cbwx! I thought that was sn L, not an i... So was having trouble finding it lol

Ken S

Ionut demonstrated the Tormek in Western Canada. His ideas were thoughtful and innovative. I miss his posts.(He has still living, however, he has moved on to other interests.) I learned things from his experience.

Ionut made 209 posts. I have often recommended studying Jeff Farris' posts, and do so myself. I also tecommend studying Ionut's posts.

Ken

Incidentally, Ionut is a Romanian first name.