News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

DBS-22 Setting Template - small modification

Started by ega, November 16, 2020, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ega

There are many threads about the DBS-22 but I couldn't find one dealing at any length with the use of the setting template; this is used to set the angle of the jig to the wheel to one of four angles from 7 to 14 degrees.

I am not as deft as I once was and initially found myself wishing for a third hand. It helped to insert a finger through the hole used for the template's other function of setting the distance from the wheel, but this was only useful for the two angles at the one end of the template; this prompted the idea of a second hole towards the other end. I was able to put in an 18mm hole without destroying too much of the printed information.

For the record, I used a sharp Forstner bit backed up with a scrap of hardwood to make the hole.

ega

I just noticed RickKrung's tip which may make my mod redundant:

"For setting of the primary facet angle using the Angle Setter, I found it most effective to hold the Setter in my right hand up against the wheel and grip the knob with my left hand and support the plate/assembly with the back of my left hand. This allowed me to firmly keep both corners of the setter firmly on the wheel and rotate the plate assembly up to meet the bottom edge of the Setter and lock the angle in place."