News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T2 type sharpening on the T7 or T4

Started by bobl, December 14, 2016, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobl

Here I go again.
I have been looking at the T2 video again. I am in no way disputing what many of our top members have said about putting the T2 jig on to a T7 or a T4. But, the way i can see it, please tell me if I am wrong, we should be ok putting the T2 jig on to the T7 or T4 with a C.B.N. wheel that fits the above machines.
What do you think?

Ken S

Bob,

I have had several ideas which proved possible, but not practical. I think your T2 jig mounted on a T4 or T7 may fall into that group.

I suspect you could actually do it. It might require some modification by a machinist, which might be expensive.

The main problem is that we have not actually seen or handled a T2 or its jig. Nor do we have adequate experience with CBN wheels. My very limited brief experience with CBN would indicate that CBN wheels might possibly be cost effectice for a very busy sharpener. I believe CBN is worth considering as an alternative for purchasing a blackstone. I do not see it as a  cost effective alternative for the SG regular wheel.

Keep in mind, as I state, my experience is very limited. (Turners, drill bit and planer blade sharpeners are more likely candidates.)

I have not read any reports claiming that a properly sharpened edge with a conventional Tormek is any less sharp than the same knife sharpened with a T2.

Ken

Stickan

Hi,
The top of the T-2 is different than on the T-4 to fit the jig.
And it would not fit the T-8 because the house is larger which would not work with how the angleadjuster is made.

Best,
Stig

bobl

Thanks Ken and Stig.
Bang goes my theory. Haha. I will keep watching the forum for anything new guys.
Cheers.
Bob

Ken S

Bob,

If Tormek actually manufactures the T2 in both European and North American power versions, I would be surprised if it was not more available a year from now. You may just be ahead of your time. Don't get disciuraged, and do keep building your business.

Ken

bobl