News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

power from the van to the machine

Started by bobl, December 01, 2016, 12:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobl

Hi, I need Robin B. from Bath to reply to this one. What battery or generator do you use in your mobile van. I am having so many problems between the type of battery I use to the type of inverter I use. Should I use a petrol or gas generator instead????
Can you please help Robin????

Ken S

Bob,

When you have a question for a particular member, you will generally have better results sending the member a personal message. This is easily done. You can either click on the member's name from a post or from the member list. (Log in first.) On the left side of the member's page is a link to send a personal message. Many members do not check the forum extensively.

Ken

joshinthecity

Quote from: Ken S on December 01, 2016, 03:55:42 AM
Bob,

When you have a question for a particular member, you will generally have better results sending the member a personal message. This is easily done. You can either click on the member's name from a post or from the member list. (Log in first.) On the left side of the member's page is a link to send a personal message. Many members do not check the forum extensively.

Ken
No doubt true... but I for one am interested to hear the answer if it does pop up on this thread..
just sayin'.

j .

Ken S

I agree, Josh. However, I believe the most efficient way to get an answer from an individual member is by direct message with the member. At that point, hopefully the dialogue will be posted on the forum.

Ken

lenearle

I have followed this post for quite awhile and decided to add my two cents. Would also be interested in any info on setting up a mobile sharpening service especially pertaining to the power/inverter aspect.

Ken S

This is an interesting topic. I hope it generates more replies. My two cents is that the motor for the SuperGrind, T7 and T8 requires 200 watts. The motor for the T4 requires only 120 watts, and might work better with a small invertor.

Ken