News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

September promo in US

Started by Ken S, September 21, 2016, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Two days ago I received an email from a Tormek dealer advertising a ten percent on Tormek jigs and accessories. Not wanting to promote a particular dealer, I made inquiries with Sweden and Affinity Tool, the US importer. Sweden informed me that this is the September promo in the US only. Affinity told me that the sale is available to all dealers. They also said that there are still a few T7s available at the sale price.

The sale runs through the end of September. Some dealers include free shipping, generally for orders over $100. Anyone interested should check with his dealer.

Sweden is of the opinion that most of us have already heard about this via emails from our dealers. The sale runs from September 1 through 30. I received only one dealer email on the 18th. I trust most of you have received emails from your dealer.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

The ads started for the Labor Day weekend.  Some do and have offered free shipping well under that amount.  (general woodworking store that I haven't had issues with)  The one I am thinking of, free shipping is generally the push of their ads/emails.
I recommend a separate email for "junkmail" signups, personally.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

Good post, SADW.

You are more saavy than I am with online shopping. I do most of my shopping online, however, almost entirely from the few sellers I have dealt with for years. Also, I do not stay current with many places because I am at the stage of life where I am paring down. My  last major tool expense was my T7 in 2009 (and its replacement after it was stolen).

I think your separate junkmail email address makes very good sense.

I hope other members will post their experiences with being notified about promotions.

Ken

Rem

Only in the U. S. ???   Serious bummer.    R   :'(

Ken S

If you are interested, It might be worth a try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just tell them you live in northern Montana, with a Canadian mailing address. :)

Ken

Rem

Yeah, that'll work ....  ::)

No, just another hard cheese, tough noogies, pshaw situation.  Us poor Canadians are always eating low on the hog.   Just cain't be nothin' done about it.   I'll just have to make sure my wife works long hours so I can afford the high priced stuff.   You guys feel free to take up a collection for me if .....  you know .... you're so inclined.   RR   ;)

jeffs55

Quote from: Rem on September 22, 2016, 07:57:49 PM
Only in the U. S. ???   Serious bummer.    R   :'(
Alaska is still a US property last I heard. Do you know anyone in Alaska that you could have stuff sent to? Of course the 10% discount would surely be eaten up by gas costs unless you ordered a few thousand dollars of stuff. Keep this in mind though in case you ever venture into AK.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Rem

The big thing is the devaluation of the Canadian dollar compared to the US dollar.  Twenty dollars Canadian is about a buck thirty US.    Thanks for the idea.   RR

Ken S

With currency exchange, "sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." Until oil and gas prices get back to rational, things look good for the bear in Canada. Sorry. :(

Ken

Rem

No worries.   After 37 years in the Yukon, I am quite accustomed to this brutal and punitive discrimination.   It's tough enough trying to eek out a meagre survival in the frozen north without ......  but I digress.   At least we have something you southern boys don't .....   8 months of no mosquitoes.    (and sadly, no motorcycle riding).   R    :'(