News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

RIP Leonard Lee

Started by Rob, July 25, 2016, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Mr Lee Valley has passed away.  What a thoroughly decent, innovative and philanthropic human being he was.  Rest in Peace Mr Lee, we will miss your brilliant ideas.
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Rob,

I am saddened to learn of Leonard Lee's passing. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but have held him in high and warm regard for more than twenty years.

His companies, Lee Valley and Veritas Tools have been the industry standards for integrity and customer service. His sharpening book and DVD are permanent fixtures in my personal library. His DVD, in addition to solid sharpening technique, has some charming dry humor.

Veritas employed some fine, innovative toolmakers. I believe that as he got older, Leonard Lee turned over management of his companies to his son, Robin, and devoted himself to designing tooling for the medical industry.

Leonard Lee was a man who left the world a better place.

Ken

Hatchcanyon

Sad news!

Leonard was one of my favorite book writers. He knew everything about sharpening an he was able to transfer his knowledge to others.

Rolf
German with a second home in the American Southwestern Desert - loves Old England too.

stevebot

Leonard Lee was a major inspiration to my own writing and teaching.  RIP.
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Ken S

Your inspiration was well chosen, Steve.

Ken

bobl

This is bad news.
I am so sorry to hear this.
I hope he is rebuilding the gates of heaven and sharpening the spikes on the top, so that that it will stop the Devil himself from climbing over.
I hope you are coping O.K. Rob.
Its never easy .
Bob