News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Where is Jeff Farris?

Started by jeffs55, May 14, 2016, 11:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs55

If you are like me you wonder what happened to Jeff here is a partial answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo-yN79B460 He has a few videos on YouTube and this is one.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Nice video, Jeff55. If any of you woodturners have the chance to attend a Sorby turning demonstration, I highly recommend it. Even better, if you have the opportunity to go to one of their three hour seminars at a Woodcraft or Rockler store, do not miss it! I attended one of these classes at the Woodcraft store in Columbus and learned a lot. Turning has changed so much since my junior high school days in woodshop class. Sorby makes an extensive and fascinating line of turning tools.

Chris Pauncy of Sorby was the instructor in my class. Like Jeff, Chris is an expert turner.

In his Tormek days, Jeff did the Tormek woodturning DVD. I purchased it before I bought any on the turning jigs. Even though I am not an active turner, I have found the turning video very useful and have reviewed it frequently. It helped me develop the kenjig idea. Although the  new SE-77 square edge jig has narrowed the gap considerably, I still consider turning jigs and accessories Tormek's most advanced area. The TNT, Touch N Turn, Tormek program still amazes me.

Ken

Ken S

I just had a delightful surprise. I googled jeff farris youtube and found two cooking you tubes which Jeff did five years ago. He is an avid gardener and chef. His pickled peppers and tomato sauce looked very tempting! :) :) :)

Bravo, Chef Jeff!

Ken