News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

TORMEK #AWT-250 ADVANCED WATER TROUGH

Started by jeffs55, January 17, 2016, 11:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffs55

Is this an upgrade or not? I have the old style. By upgrade I mean is it an improvement. I know it is a later model trough.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

The Advanced Water Trough has a larger lip area to catch more water. It has the attachable panel to catch water from long knives and planer blades. It has a magnet built in. I would say it is an improvement over the original trough. That stated, neither trough consistently contains all the water. Many of us, including me, have taped or glued magnets to our original troughs.

I bought the Advanced Water Trough as an upgrade for my original T7, along with the EZYlock shaft. I like the new water trough, but would upgrade to the EZYlock shaft, the improved truing tool (TT-50). and micro adjust universal support first. I would also carefully examine my stone grader, too.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX96a9WoAJE

Yes/No, it depends on the user.
I like the wider lip, but for as often as I would use the larger add on, I could just put a towel down in the same location on the bench.  When I gave my father the old chipped stone and non quick release shaft, I did upgrade so I could also give him a water trough.  (his original idea was to make a manually powered version, using an old sewing treddle)
I also had some fun money so it didn't feel like it was costing me anything (no guilt factor).
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

jeffs55

Yes/No, it depends on the user.
I like the wider lip, but for as often as I would use the larger add on, I could just put a towel down in the same location on the bench. Or a half sheet baking pan. I get it, I won't buy one at this time. thanx
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.