News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

What's a kenjig?

Started by refugio, January 03, 2016, 06:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

The two small wheels self correct the jig for diameter changes. In my opinion, the TTS-100 is Tormek's most advanced setting tool by a wide margin. I have used it with chisels and plane blades since 2010, It was, combined with Dutchman's tables, the basis for the kenjig. I keep hoping Tormek will use it, their own idea, and expand it as a separate tool for setting chisels, knives, planes, etc.

The kenjig is a simplified tool. The notch for setting the Distance must be enlarged when needed to keep it matching Dutchman's tables. I would have preferred to include a self correcting feature. Part of the target user pool is new or very occasional users who will not wear down much. By the time the stone starts to wear significantly, the user should be skilled enough to lengthen the Distance notch.

Good question, CB. And, good reply, Jan.  Keep thinking!

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on November 24, 2017, 10:02:32 PM
The two small wheels self correct the jig for diameter changes. In my opinion, the TTS-100 is Tormek's most advanced setting tool by a wide margin. I have used it with chisels and plane blades since 2010, It was, combined with Dutchman's tables, the basis for the kenjig. I keep hoping Tormek will use it, their own idea, and expand it as a separate tool for setting chisels, knives, planes, etc.

The kenjig is a simplified tool. The notch for setting the Distance must be enlarged when needed to keep it matching Dutchman's tables. I would have preferred to include a self correcting feature. Part of the target user pool is new or very occasional users who will not wear down much. By the time the stone starts to wear significantly, the user should be skilled enough to lengthen the Distance notch.

Good question, CB. And, good reply, Jan.  Keep thinking!

Ken

Cool.  Now it all makes sense.

I love it when the lightbulb comes on....   ;D
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

I agree. With me, it sometimes takes a while, however, it is worth the struggle.

Ken