News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Scissors

Started by Steed, August 02, 2006, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steed

I am a new Tormek user. Less than 3 weeks. I came upon a pair of Fiskers scissors that have two different bevel angles on the blades. They use the name "Razor Edged". One blade is ground at a 60 degree angle no problem. The other blade is ground at a 30 degree angle and I find that when I attempt to se the scissors jig for this lower amgle the jig wants to contact the stone rather than the blade. Has anyone else run into this situation? The blades at the widest part are +/- 0.5". Any suggestions?

Jeff Farris

You should be able to grab just the very back edge of the blade with the jig to minimize  the contact of the back of the jig with the stone.  Also, try turning the support plate upside down.  That will get the rest closer to the stone on long bevels. Some contact may be unavoidable. The aluminum won't hurt the stone, but you may have to use the coarse side of the grader to clean it off.
Jeff Farris