News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

TT-50 and the Japanese Water Stone

Started by RustD, September 15, 2015, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Wootz,

You have spent your research time well. Ionut is very bright and very innovative. He also knows the Tormek well enough to have demonstrated it in Canada. I regret that he no longer posts. Time spentis studying his posts is well spent. He and I shared several personal messages as well as forum dialog.

I remember the topic of placing an electrical plastic tie on the TT-50. In fact, at his suggestion, I placed one on mine for several years. I later removed it and have not experienced any difficulties. I don't have the answer. Electrical ties (small ones for this application) are inexpensive. Placing a tie requires very little time, and, there are no negative side effects. The tie is worth a try.

I tried the tie on the basis of Ionut's thought. I hold him in high regard. Although he is a very skilled and innovative sharpener, sharpening is only the means to an end for him. His passion is woodworking.

Ionut's 209 posts are well worth studying.

Ken

wootz

See 'Truing Procedure' in the General Tormek Questions section

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3053.0