News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Paper knife sheaths availability

Started by Elden, September 03, 2015, 07:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

Browsing through  the General Tormek Questions subsection (about page 18 as of Sept 1, 2015), I found this post by Dan (Exact Blade): 716y

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1727.msg8553#msg8553

I did not find a source for personalized protective paper sheaths he was looking for. However, at the following site protective sheaths are available in fairly small quantities. Apparently some sites require very large quantity orders.

http://www.knifesleeves.com/index.html

They can be made from manila folders or other material, as well. I imagine, one could print the desired logo with a printer.
Elden

Elden

After posting this, I used the search feature (wonder why I didn't do that first?) And found the following thread:

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1764.msg8893#msg8893

I apologize for the double up. Well at least this gets it in the Knife sub-topic.
Elden

stevebot

Print your own.
sharpeningmadeeasy.com/KnifeSheath.pdf
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Elden

Elden

stevebot

The graphics were made by Michael Haines. I tried to link to the file on SharpNet but it is a closed group for professional sharpeners, so I posted the file on my own website.
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

beerbuz

I wish i had seen this thread before i made my own :P
I'm pretty happy with mine though.

Elden

Welcome to the forum Chris. Great looking job!
Elden

That Sharpening Guy

This is another option that you may like because it cost nothing and customers really seem to like it because you are recycling. I do this at the farmers market or even if customers bring knives to me for sharpening elsewhere. In my opinion I feel it is safer because the knife will not slip out  like it can with a paper sleeve. It only takes a second to wrap a knife and one sheet of newspaper will do up to a 10" knife. The main question I get asked is do I drink a lot of wine because I have a 2 gallon bag full of these corks lol.  You never have to worry about running out of corks because the customers love to save them for you.

I cut the corks in to quarters and put the cork on the tip of the knife so it will not poke through. This also helps keep it from slipping out of the paper.

Jan

I like your option and believe your customers like it also because you are recycling and humorous.  :)

My suggestion is to add a loop made of paper or foil fitted around the wrapped knife. This band should of course denote you as the sharpener. Your logo can be printed on stickers available in stationery.

Jan

That Sharpening Guy

Thank you Jan I really like that idea and will check into getting some made. Humorous is when your wrapping a knife in the comics section of the newspaper and you get distracted and start to read them because your ADD kicks in