News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpening a CRK Sebenza

Started by msob, August 08, 2015, 11:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msob

Hi Gents,
Being a new T7 owner but a seasoned sharpener  I was wondering if anyone has used their Tormek for sharpening a Sebenza. If so are their any unusual issues that one should be aware of. I was going to start with an 18° edge bevel. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Herman Trivilino

Color the bevel with a marking pen before testing your 18 degree bevel. See if the bevel angle needs adjusting.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

I was unfamiliar with a "sabenza". I did a quick search, and it looks like a very fine folding knife. For the benefit of forum members like me who are unfamiliar with it, would you please describe it and also why you chose it. (I'm basically a woodworker- chisel sharpener.)

Ken

Rob

Best.    Rob.

wootz

Quote from: Herman Trivilino on August 09, 2015, 02:17:45 AM
Color the bevel with a marking pen before testing your 18 degree bevel. See if the bevel angle needs adjusting.

Your knife is stonewashed, isn't it?
You have to protect blades with coating, blackened etc with strips of dense tape, or the zinc jaws of the knife jig will scratch it. Eg I  use medical tape (Elastoplast), just mind that a regular electrical insulating tape will not do, it scratches through it.