News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

black stone and japanese waterstone

Started by bobl, June 21, 2015, 04:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobl

I have both these stones of which I purchased for a reasonable price ( slightly used ) from ebay.
However, they are for the Tormek T3. ( oops )
Can I use these on my T7 ???

Ken S

Bob,

I did not realize that Tormek made the blackstone in the T3/4 200mm diameter. Are you sure those grinding wheels are the SB-200 and SJ-200?

While it is possible to use the smaller diameter stones on the T7, the smaller diameter has the same effect of using T7 stones which are almost worn out. You would need a 10mm thick spacer washer to fill in the gap difference between the smaller wheels and the T7 end of the shaft. You already have a spacer like this between the stone and the motor end of the shaft. You would need another just like it. Or, you could make up one with 12mm bore fender washers from your local hardware store. They should be stainless steel.

My real advice to you would be to try to return these stones or resell them. They are not designed for the T7.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

As far as I can tell there is no such a thing as the SB-200 (Blackstone Silicone 200 mm diameter grindstone with a width of 40 mm made for the Tormek T3 or T4). There is a SJ-200 though.

Bobl, what is the width of your grindstones. They are either 40 mm or 50 mm.

Origin: Big Bang

Stickan

Hi,
Ken and Herman is right, there is no SB stone for the T3/T4. And the 200 stones are 40 mm wide, 250 are 50 mm.
Stig

bobl

its an sj200 and a sg200. I made the purchase whilst downing many cans of lager. Not recomended.
So I have a japanese smooth stone. and the original stone, but for the T3. What a pleb. I am.
The moral of my experience is NEVER ORDER ANYTHING WHILST UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Doh.!!!!
I reckon I can sell them on without many probs.
I am happy with the original stone, just wondering if there was a slightly faster way. As Rob pointed out, he has all the stones and to stick with what i am using as it works.
Cheers.
Bob

Ken S

Welcome to the club, Bob.........We have all done things like that, at least I have.  :)

Ken

bobl

haha.
I dont feel so alone now, Cheers Ken
Bob

Rob

If I had a £1 for all the stupid things I shouldn't have spent money on I'd have.....a small fortune :-)
Best.    Rob.

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: Rob on June 22, 2015, 08:21:14 PM
If I had a £1 for all the stupid things I shouldn't have spent money on I'd have.....a small fortune :-)

The difference in language, LOL.  Here that would be every one, or each, as all would lump them together, and get you a pound.
BTDT on the stupid things, never due to alcohol though.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

bobl

Thank you all for your empathy on my little mistake.
Haha.
Cheers.
Bob The Knife Grinder.