News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Setting manual hedge clippers

Started by Elden, June 02, 2015, 05:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

I have a set of manual hedge clippers that are not cutting in the about the first half of the cutting action. Today on closer inspection, I found the main problem is a set  issue. The blades are gapping for about that first half of the blades. Tightening the tension bolt helped the situation minutely. The outer end works well. I have cleaned off the crud from the inside of the blades and the pivot.

For scissors, I have a scissors press. It uses two pins set inline. Another pin, with a rotatable eccentric cam on it, is set in an offset position. The blade set is thus "sprung" into the blade. However, hedge clippers are much heavier duty. To make something similar, the press would have to be quite large.

Has anyone used the arbor press style of scissors press? Does anyone have a good idea to place set in manual hedge clippers?
Elden