News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

TT-50 and TT-50U

Started by Ken S, April 10, 2015, 10:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Tormek sells two versions of the TT-50 Truing Tool. The TT-50 includes the diamond. The TT-50U does not include the diamond. There is a logical reason for this. The TT-50 is designed for customers who do not have a truing tool. The TT-50U is designed for those who already have the older version of the tool and wish to reuse their present diamond in the new tool.

This is noted in the description, although, in my opinion, the notation could be more obvious (such as noting it in bold print.

I post this separately from my other diamond dresser post for the benefit of future members and guests using the search feature. I was puzzled as to why the "complete" truing tool cost $64, only four dollars more than just the replacement diamond. The complete truing tool actually costs $89. I hope this will help eliminate confusion for those purchasing the truing tool.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

How much is the diamond tip alone?
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

$59 US plus shipping from sharptoolsusa.