News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVS-32

Started by Kiwi, February 09, 2015, 08:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi

Is there anyone out there using the svs-32 jig to sharpen their pfeil straight gouges especially the large sweeps #9/#11 etc.  To me the jig doesn't seem to roll far enough to the left or right.  Also finding it hard to create a flat bevel. I keep the stone true etc but still end up with a uneven edge.  Its pretty good on the shallower sweeps.  Searched a few posts and Jeff had suggested trying the svs-50 I definitely will do that. Still quandering also over the idea whether or not the SVD-185 could be of any assistance for these deep sweep straight gouges.  Correct me if Im wrong but even though this is the prescribed jig its not always necessarily the one that works for the entire range especially gouges.  Mike you also made a good point at honing at to steep a angle, I was doing that and my edge was tearing.  Pfeil chisels in general seem difficult And I have nearly been through a couple and it takes a lot of practice especially your set up. Look forward to your suggestions

Kiwi