News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

question for herman

Started by tomboyd, November 14, 2014, 03:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomboyd

I WAS WATCHING YOUR VID ON YOUR JIG YOU MADE, AFTER YOU SET THE ANGLE DO YOU HAVE TO RESET FOR BLADE THICKNESS?  I LOVE THE JIG I WOULD SAVE ALOT OF TIME AND I WOULDN'T RUN MY HAND INTO THE STROP WHEEL ANYMORE. 
                                                                                                                        TOM BOYD

Herman Trivilino

Hi Tom. If you're concerned about the thickness of the blade affecting the angle measurement you could try measuring the platform (bottom of knife blade) and then measuring the top of the blade. If the blade is so thick that these two measurements are different, I suppose you could split the difference.

For example, suppose you want a bevel angle of 20o, so if you set the platform at 20o. Then you measure the top of the blade and find it's at an angle of 18o.  It's probably safe to assume the bevel angle is actually 19o. You could then set the platform at 21o, which would make the bevel angle 20o.
Origin: Big Bang

tomboyd

thanks now i have to find the material to make one.

tomboyd

Herman, what is the link to make the jig you made?  I was thinking of cutting an old white cutting board down to make it out of, your suggestions.

Herman Trivilino

Here's the link ...

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=1592.msg6634#msg6634

Any material that you can cut and drill. I've used aluminum, wood, and plastic.
Origin: Big Bang