News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

BGM-100 for old SA-250/wobble

Started by lars667, August 03, 2014, 01:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman Trivilino

I've heard that keeping the grindstone true is important, not only because it's needed for proper grinding, but also because an out-of-true grindstone will quickly get much worse if left uncorrected.
Origin: Big Bang

lars667

Yes, the wheel was definitely very untrue, and I enjoy doing this kind of fiddling, and I really enjoy putting a good tool back to work. If not I should probably just get a new unit and not bother with old machinery :) I will not wait long before truing it again, to prevent it from getting untrue. I have tried a bit with a couple of chisels, but I'm not doing it quite right yet. I have the old jig, though. SE-60 or something like that.

Anyway, I'll just start learning from the threads here and the videos, and doing a bit of truing now and then :) Thanks again, this is a great forum.