News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek 1200 Bearings /nylon bushes

Started by Ambrose, July 21, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Hi All!

Does anyone know where to buy replacement axel/bushes or bearings for the Tormek 1200. Any replies greatly appreciated!!!

SharpenADullWitt

You said, in another thread, that your in the UK.  I don't know the places over there, but maybe this side of the ponds, diagrams will help:
http://sharptoolsusa.com/parts.finder.php?target=parts&parent=9  (models 2000 and T7)

http://sharptoolsusa.com/parts.finder.php?target=parts&parent=27 (says T3 so unsure about the 1200)

You might have to measure the outside diameter and shaft diameter and ask your local place, because the part number for the bushings/bearing, matches.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ambrose

Hi,
Thanks for this, looks like it must be the same nylon bearing fitting. I've emailed Sweden -no reply as of yet...

Rob

Ambrose...you know pretty much all of Scandinavia has July off as their "summer". Don't forget by the time you're in Finland its the land of the midnight sun so these guys seriously party in July and then work like stink for the rest of the year.

Stig is looking into this forum sporadically but most of the office will be absent for the whole of July.

In August it's Southern Europe's turn to be off, particularly Italy and France.
Best.    Rob.

Ambrose

Thanks for letting me know. Just saved a lot of frustration there:)

Herman Trivilino

Ambrose, according to the Tormek website this is where to buy in the UK:

UK Agent
BriMarc Tools & Machinery
Unit 10
Weycroft Avenue
Axminster
Devon
EX13 5HU
Tel: 0333 240 69 67
Fax: 0333 240 69 76
email@brimarc.com
www.brimarc.com/tormek
Origin: Big Bang

Rob

Brimarc is the distributor.  You want a dealer.  As I mentioned before either D&M in Twickenham or Axminster (well known massive tool retailer here).  To be honest I've tended to buy most of my kit from D&M for Tormek because they're always better value than Axy though I've no idea what they're like for parts.  The team there are superb though with excellent service.

I go to their toolshow each Autumn at Kempton Park and its a cracker.  Met Mr Lie Nielsen himself there one year.  Obviously I immediately fell to the floor and started worshipping :-)
Best.    Rob.

Ambrose

Thanks Rob tried D&M very helpful put don't do spares. They put me on to Brimarc and had confirmation from them that the Nylon Bearings bushes for the T3 (1200) and T7 are the same! Part number 21110347 in the UK. Thanks for everyone's help! Parts ordered and soon I'll have very sharp tools again!!!!

Just seen your post Herman much appreciated!!!

Neilsen- awesome!

Rob

You'll be wanting Brimarc then. Which idiot said go for a dealer  :o
Best.    Rob.

Ambrose

ha ha..........in the end  :P...........axminster stocked the nylon bearing, but not listed on there web-site as its a spare part...

Rob

Ah....so it was a dealer in the end....in which case I stand by my excellent original advice  ::)

Glad you got it sorted anyway :-)
Best.    Rob.