News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

How does LA-120 honing wheel attach/mount

Started by Patrick McCarthy, June 20, 2014, 05:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick McCarthy

Hello, new guy in town.  I acquired a Supergrind 2000 and need to purchase and mount the XB 100 horizontal base so I came here for information, which I found.  Then I saw that there was a profiled honing wheel, used to be the LA100 but now seems to be LA-120 . . . . but can't find info on how it mounts.

Can I add it to the existing leather honing wheel (which is what I think I see in photos) to the outside of the big wheel, or do I have to remove the standard and only use one at a time?  I searched "install LA 120" and "mount LA-120" and came away empty, but at least I tried.

Thank you, Patrick

Rob

I can only comment on the T7 which I have but you do just that. The little wheels come with an extension bar that screws to the axil centre of the honing wheel if I remember correctly. That then allows you to mount the extra wheels. What I'm unsure of is whether or not the axil design has changed between the super grind and the T7
Best.    Rob.

Patrick McCarthy

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Patrick McCarthy on June 20, 2014, 05:32:38 PM
Can I add it to the existing leather honing wheel (which is what I think I see in photos) to the outside of the big wheel, or do I have to remove the standard and only use one at a time? 

This video shows that it's attached to the outside of the honing wheel so that you can use them both at the same time.

http://tormek.com/international/en/accessories/other-accessories/la-120-profiled-leather-honing-wheel/

The T-7 and all its predecessors such as the SuperGrind 2000 are identical in this application. 
Origin: Big Bang