News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Locating a Tormek video

Started by Ken S, July 23, 2013, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I found an interesting video produced by Tormek.  Hakan Persson discussed the Tormek philosophy.  I started to post a link to it.  However, I am using a borrowed iPad.  This old dog has learned "copy" but not "paste".  I have not been able to locate the video again.  It is worth watching.  Any help from the forum would be appreciated.

Ken

ps I am in the process of learning how to use the iPad.  It is a fascinating device.  It would be a fine reference to see the Tormek Handbook produced an an e book with built in links to instructional videos.  Sweden, if you are monitoring this, how about adding the Hakan Persson video to your website?  The video is very well done.

Rob

I have the Tormek handbook as an icon on the front page of my ipad.  I use it in the workshop as a quick ref guide
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

The Tormek video seems to have vanished.  Too bad, it was interesting. It put a human face on the Tormek CEO.

Ken

Rob

I don't think I've ever seen that??  Like a corporate video.....but little product?
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

The video featured the CEO of Tormek, Hakan Persson, talking about the history of Tormek with some footage of the area and factory.  The use of the Tormek was included, but it was more of a soft sell approach.  I really am surprised Tormek has not included it on the website. It was well done.

Ken

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Stickan

Here it is, you´ll find it "About Tormek" on the web page.

http://www.tormek.com/en/about/index.php

Stig

Ken S

Thanks, Stig.  That's the video I mentioned.  How could I miss it; it was hiding in plain sight!

Almost forty years ago I took a sales class.  One of the most valuable things I learned in it was the idea that good salesmanship means educating the customer as to what the product can do for him.  This video certainly does that in an interesting way. It also adds a more human touch to Tormek Sweden.  The Tormek is not just a machine; it is an evolving product of human innovation and labor.

Ken

mike40

I agree Ken. Today folks mostly  buy a product, find out it's no good, then replace it with another that is no good. And that is not necessarily just about the price, but price does continue to be a fairly good indicator.
Mike

Ken S

The Leica (camera) company had an advertising slogan, "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten".

Ken

Rob

That's a classic...right up there with "reassuringly expensive" as one of the Beer commercials says here.

You do of course realise it's all smoke and mirrors to justify the price and make you feel comfortable buying it!  Now that's not to say that brands like Leica aren't worth the money as they clearly are (well their lenses used to be anyway).  But for me, I like the adverts that are basically honest and say things to the effect....we use better materials, more skill and more care in the manufacture of our products....so they're better....so we have higher costs than the cheaper brands...hence they cost you more....but its worth it.

Also the ones that have a unique innovation.....the original Tormek clearly had that in spades as everyone was using dry grinders or by hand.

Those marketing folks will keep coming up with slogans and punch lines that try to part us from our cash...that's one thing we can be certain of :-)
Best.    Rob.

mike40

It's true that many brands nowadays raise their prices just to make their wares seem more exclusive without any added quality. Fortunately we are equipped with quality detectors, our brains, or maybe the internet.
Mike

Herman Trivilino

We are all prone to marketing strategies.  Marketers are constantly coming up with new strategies designed to convince us that a purchase is worth it.
Origin: Big Bang

Rob

I'm waiting for Tormek to adopt the "buy one get one free" approach :-)
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

I think you'll have a very long wait, Rob.
Origin: Big Bang