News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

angle master problems

Started by Ken S, July 22, 2013, 11:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Yesterday I sharpened three block plane blades.  Two things struck me: 

The first was how nicely the leather honing wheel polished the back or the blade (I just did the last half inch).  This is part of my ongoing project to become more proficient with the honing wheel.

The second thing was how efficiently the angle master worked.  I just popped it off the magnetic front of the Tormek, bottomed out the one edge on the stone, and quickly adjusted the usb.  That may seem old hat to some of you.  However, life was not always so pleasant with the angle master and me.  I had a lot of difficulty using it until I finally diagnosed the problem.  My former shop (unheated garage) had poor lighting.  Once I happened to set up the Tormek outside in very good light, the angle master magically started working.  (I know, this is recommended in the handbook........)

increasing the quality of light = increasing quality of work done on Tormek and lessens stress

Ken