News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

need a new Tormek or another one, see below $525 delivered to lower 48

Started by jeffs55, April 16, 2013, 06:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Fairleigh

Mike

"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 7 sharpening my axe."  --Abraham Lincoln

Rob

Wow........a time capsule :-)

That's a really good price. Mind you it's an auction, wonder what the winning bid will be
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

Keep in mind, the price does not include diamond dresser, stone grader, EZYlock shaft or newer water trough.  Add those in, and you are just about at the cost of a new unit.  Plus, does the warranty transfer?

If you are really serious about getting a Tormek at a discount, inquire when your local dealer has tool shows.  Quite often tools are discounted ten to twenty per cent, and really are new and complete.  Plus, you get new Tormek service.

Ken

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Jeff Farris

My finger was on the delete key for this thread, when I stopped to consider Ken's post. While this forum doesn't exist to justify the cost of a Tormek, this auction is a prime example of the value of the system. It will very likely bring as much or more than the "Buy It Now" price, and has Ken has pointed out, by the time it would be upgraded to include all the new features, the buyer will have spent more than the price of a new T-7, spend a fair amount of time rebuilding his "brand new" machine, and have no warranty. Just a caveat to weigh all your options when looking at "bargains".
Jeff Farris

Rob

Lol

Trouble is though Jeff, really, this forum does exist for that purpose, and also to promote further sales through discussion around it and its jigs value in solving certain engineering problems related to edges.

I don't see why there needs be any harm/foul/shame in declaring a commercial interest. It's always baffled me. Those companies who are truly proud of their products and services are happy to trumpet them. The message is simple, I want to grow my business, my business makes things which genuinely help people, here is a not just a brochure for what problems my product solves but a whole heap of genuine satisfied customers.....living testimonials if you like.

This forums original purpose was of course a commercial one, come on!!  Over time it has evolved perhaps more into a genuine special interest group.  But it is still serving the purpose of furthering the Tormek message. And rightly so. It's a durn good solution to a myriad problems

Why ever else would it keep its residual value on eBay or indeed any other market for that matter.....because it has genuine worth that's why
Best.    Rob.

Jeff Farris

I think you've misunderstood me a little, Rob. This is most wholeheartedly a forum dedicated to promoting Tormek sales and supporting Tormek customers, with no apologies. What we try to avoid (by use of our editing powers) is any arguments over the price. It just has no place here.
Jeff Farris

Rob

Ok fair enough Jeff. I must say I didn't realise there was a no price discussion rule but I entirely understand.
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Ken S on April 16, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
Keep in mind, the price does not include diamond dresser, stone grader, EZYlock shaft or newer water trough.  Add those in, and you are just about at the cost of a new unit.  Plus, does the warranty transfer?

Those are valid points, Ken.  I agree that price is way too high for that older unit.

The only thing I would add to the discussion is that the diamond dresser and stone grader are essential items.  The Tormek doesn't really work without them, so they would be necessary purchases.  The EZYlock shaft and newer water trough are nice additions, but are not essential in the same way as the diamond dresser and stone grader.  They would be optional purchases.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

A Tormek is a tool you will probably have for a very long time.  Buy it carefully; your children will thank you.

Ken