News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SE-76

Started by webrider, April 02, 2013, 07:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrider

Just got my tormek-7, trying to sharpen a wood chisel. the instructions say that you should have 2-3" protruding from the holder but I can only get about 1 1/8" . I can get a 30 degree angle but the chisel has a 20 degree. How do I get the 20 degree without grinding the jig?

Herman Trivilino

When that happens to me I switch to the Short Tool Jig, SVS-32.
Origin: Big Bang

webrider

I see that should work. one other question, do you treat the contured leather wheels with oil also?

Elden

Welcome to the forum! It receives the same light oiling treatment as the regular honing wheel.
Elden

Ken S

Welcome to the forum.  do you have the SE-76 oriented correctly?  (You should be able to read the printing on the top right side up when standing behind it in the vertical usb position.

Also, how long is your chisel blade?  i have some fairly short old Stanley chisels which barely work with the SE-76.

Ken

webrider

As stated in the origional post the most protrusion I can get is about 1 1/8 " that makes the blade lingth about 2 1/2" . I tried the SV-32 and was able to get about 22 degrees of angle but the origional was 20. Seems that the only other way is to hand grind without a jig.

webrider

Everything is oriented correctly.