News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

DBS-22 vs Drill Doctor

Started by Herman Trivilino, March 19, 2013, 02:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman Trivilino

Origin: Big Bang

courierdog

I received my DBS-22 yesterday.
Having watched many Youtube videos, and how in my view people have gone off track, I sat and read the instruction manual. It is a very set by step process. One in which a person could get out od sequence, more likely just get impatient and skip an important step.
I did get a little confused on how to set the cutting depth for the Primary Facet. I had to reposition P several time until I was satisfied, I was following the instruction but had difficulty with which way to rotate P to set the maximum grinding depth. First pass was not flat. readjusted my hands to conform to the illustration. Try again, Voila. A nice flat Chisel type facet. Repeat and I now have two exactly the same Primary Facets.
Wow! That was an experience. very unlike some of the YouTube Horror Stories.
HERE IS MY SECRET
There is no reason the Tormek DBS-22 device cannot deliver a perfect drill bit on the first attempt:

Perform the following Rites Precisely As Inscribed in the Ancient Swedish Rhunes:

1.   Floor-Dry must circle the entire sharpening area without a break to prevent the entry of all Dark Forces of Oil and Corrosion.
2.   The Ancient Swedish Mystical Rhunes must be followed in Precise Sequence to enable the Thaumaturgic Incantations to grant Entrance to Drill Nirvana

I know you needed a laugh.
Retired Engineer