News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Home made drill bit jig

Started by Elden, March 15, 2013, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

Quote from: Herman Trivilino on March 21, 2013, 06:04:55 PM
Quote from: kb0rvo on March 21, 2013, 04:06:14 PM
If you have bid the maximum amount you are willing to spend, it doesn't matter whether it is a regular bid or a snipe that comes against your bid.

I don't get it.  It seems as though you see no advantage, for yourself, in sniping.

Right out, I'll admit that I snipe. I definitely  see an advantage to sniping. People do increase their bid at times when they have been out bid or the amount goes beyond what they originally had intended to spend. I have done so myself. Sniping helps prevent that heat of the moment price inflation.

When I got my DBS-22, I sniped it and got it at $200.00. I actually had my snipe bid set for more, but no one else bid. If I had done a regular bid a day or two ahead of time, someone else may have decided to bid more. As it was, someone may have been thinking it would be listed again at a lower price and didn't bid for that reason.

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer"
Elden

Rob

Like I said before, eBay is a game and games have rules. Play by the rules and you will have some success.

That you can get amazing bargains on eBay is beyond question. In particular for second hand goods. For retailers using it as an online shop....not so great
Best.    Rob.