News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Anyone notice the forum stats?

Started by grepper, March 13, 2013, 01:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Tom,

One of the values of a forum like this is having varied backgrounds. As someone who only sharpens my kitchen knives, I'm very glad to have an old knife sharpening hand like you on board.

I hope all the new statistics will also reflect continuing depth and good information as well as quantity.

Ken

Black Mamba

Quote from: grepper on March 13, 2013, 05:22:01 PM
Tom,

Ever thought of making a mod for the articulated arm? :)  With that fine selection of abrasives and buffers It seems like you should be able to thin a small knife edge down to the angstrom level, and polish it to a mirror finish!

Mark.

I wouldn't begin to know how to mod the arm. Nor do I have the fabricating skills ( or equipment ), even if I wanted to give it a shot. I can assure you, though, that when working with the salon scissors, I get edges of frightening sharpness and a polished finish you have to see to believe. :)

Tom 

Herman Trivilino

Mark, you just won't give up on that idea of an edge one atom wide.   ;D
Origin: Big Bang