News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

What a machine!!!

Started by Dick Parman, December 17, 2012, 12:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Parman

I have had my T7 magum kit for 4 days now, and am more enthused now
than when I bought it.  After watching the videos about 5 times, and reading
most of the questions on this blog, and Mr. Farris's answers, I dove in and was
very satisfied with all of the results.  I sharpened all of my turning tools and several
knives with excellent results.  The T7 is easy to use and makes a bumbler like me
look like he knew what he was doing. 
   The only problem I have had is setting the angle on some knife blades using
the angle master.  It will take some more practice on some of the more complicated
hollow ground blades.
   My dad is a pretty good knife sharpener by free hand.  However, when he saw the
results with the T7 he was very impressed.  I ordered him the small knife jig and angle
master to use with my old Grizzly 8 inch wet grinder.  I think that this will make him
a fair knife sharpener, even though it wasn't worth much for lathe tools.
   If you want really sharp tools without being really adept at the fine art of using
hand stones, buy one, and worry about the high cost later!!

Ken S

Dick,

Welcome to the forum.  You seem to be off to a fine start with your new Tormek.

I had some trouble using the anglemaster at first. At the time, my workshop was also my garage.  What helped me was when I set up my Tormek just outside the overhead garage door.  It was on the north side of the house, so the light was quite bright, but diffused.  The very good light made seeing the anglemaster much easier.  (I was using it for chisels and plane blades.)

Best of luck and do keep us posted.

Ken