News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

wheel storage

Started by Ken S, June 17, 2012, 02:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_B

Another thing I would add is to make the accessible without having to bend over to lift them. This is especially important fir anyone with back issues. I am lucky but I have friends that have been injured and picking anything up from the floor hurts them.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease

chino

Quote from: RichColvin on June 11, 2020, 04:20:40 PM
Chino,

I store my vertically.  The ideas I've collected are here:  http://sharpeninghandbook.info/Grindstones-Storing.html

Good luck.
Rich

Thanks, I will take a look.

van

I have always opted to keep the wheels vertically in the wall with a wooden support where I fixed 12 mm threaded pins inclined at 80 ° and stopped with Czech nuts to avoid accidental falls. The dripping of the wet stone is almost negligible and irrelevant. For the leather wheels I have chosen an identical but horizontal positioning.
Kindly yours

chino

Quote from: van on June 11, 2020, 11:39:57 PM
I have always opted to keep the wheels vertically in the wall with a wooden support where I fixed 12 mm threaded pins inclined at 80 ° and stopped with Czech nuts to avoid accidental falls. The dripping of the wet stone is almost negligible and irrelevant. For the leather wheels I have chosen an identical but horizontal positioning.

Going to bounce questions off of my friend regarding mounting of certain bolts. Soon as I am satisfied, I'll post. Anymore ideas?

Ken S

Quote from: chino on June 11, 2020, 12:59:58 PM
Sorry to bring this one up from the past. I couldn't find answers through a search.

Question: how do you store your extra wheels for your Tormek?
Most input is vertically. I've read about "lipped" plastic trays. Any links for purchasing?

I'm thinking about attaching a stainless bolt surrounded by pvc pipe to mount the wheel (still don't know where).

I welcome any input. Thanks in advance.

Never apologize for bringing up an old topic from the past. The early posts contain some of the jewels of this forum. Unfortunately, some of our most knowledgeable members no longer post. Everytime I explore early posts by Jeff Farris, Ionut, and some of our members who no longer post, I always learn something.

Ken

chino

Quote from: Ken S on June 12, 2020, 04:52:59 PM
Quote from: chino on June 11, 2020, 12:59:58 PM
Sorry to bring this one up from the past. I couldn't find answers through a search.

Question: how do you store your extra wheels for your Tormek?
Most input is vertically. I've read about "lipped" plastic trays. Any links for purchasing?

I'm thinking about attaching a stainless bolt surrounded by pvc pipe to mount the wheel (still don't know where).

I welcome any input. Thanks in advance.

Never apologize for bringing up an old topic from the past. The early posts contain some of the jewels of this forum. Unfortunately, some of our most knowledgeable members no longer post. Everytime I explore early posts by Jeff Farris, Ionut, and some of our members who no longer post, I always learn something.

Ken

Thanks Ken. In searching topics I've read some great written advice. Now with videos, it's even better for my learning/understanding.

Ken S

Good point, Chino. Video does seem to be the preferred way of learning today, even for old carmudgeons like me. I am most pleased to see Tormek producing more in depth training videos.

Ken