News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

an unusual Tormek replacement

Started by Ken S, June 09, 2012, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just received my replacement Tormek.  As I posted earlier, my T-7 was stolen during a burglary.  The thief stole the Tormek unit itself, but not my diamond truing tool, universal Support Bar, stone grader,water trough or SE-76.  The loss was not covered by insurance (no content coverage on a vacant dwelling during a move).

I asked a knowledgeable person I trust for advice.  He told me to contact Hanns at Advanced Machinery.  (My local dealer was not interested in selling an unadorned T-7.) Hanns treated me right.  My new T-7 arrived earlier this week.  It has the SE-76 and honing compound.  It does not have the universal support bar, diamond tool or stone grader.

The discounted unit included the free RB-180 and free shipping.

I can use the honing compound.  Also, I will experiment with sharpening two chisels at a time. (Actually I can do three, as Ionut helped me procure one of the older model jigs for sharpening mortising chisels.)

Unfortunately, I do not believe my original T-7 will ever be recovered.  On the off chance it is, I will use one unit with my SJ 250 wheel. 

So, thanks, knowledgeable one, and thanks, Hanns, for the fine service.

Ken